BangkokEdge Short Film Competition
Thailand’s First Ideas Festival is delighted to announce its first Short Film Competition.
BangkokEdge invites filmmakers and visual artists to respond to the theme of An Extraordinary Day in Bangkok.
Bangkok, one of the most exciting cities on the planet, is also a city of extremes: old and new, rich and poor, calm and chaotic, hard working and spiritual.
The Festival invites filmmakers to submit films that lift the lid on this bustling city, sharing their stories of an extraordinary day for one of Bangkok’s many residents; be they a window cleaner on a luxury high-rise, the CEO of a powerful conglomerate, an alluring snake hunter, or a make up artist on the nation’s most popular chat show.
Let your imagination run wild, show us your take on this remarkable metropolis, reveal the hopes, dreams, passions and ambitions of the people that live, work and play here.
Please read the following guidelines carefully before submitting your film to the BKE Short Film Competition.
1. BangkokEdge (www.bangkokedge.com) is an annual festival of ideas, set in the heart of Old Bangkok. BKE was created in 2016 by M. R. Narisa Chakrabongse and is the premier event for bringing together readers and celebrated authors in the region and beyond. The festival will feature literature, music, food, discussions, workshops, exhibitions, family events and film.
2. The 2nd edition of BKE will take place in 2018 in Bangkok, Thailand.
3. An Extraordinary Day in Bangkok
4. The competition will close mid 2017 (date TBC).
5. The competition is open to short films of all production techniques, forms, genres and budgets.
6. Films must be 1-5 minutes in length (credits must be no longer than 1 minute).
7. Entries must be original work produced between January 2016 and June 2017.
8. BKE has no premiere status rule, and accepts works that are available online provided the film was made in 2016/2017.
9. All entries should be accessible to an English and Thai speaking audience. Please subtitle your short film accordingly.
10. As the winning films will be screened at the festival, please avoid using foul language and inappropriate or offensive material.
11. There is no submission fee to enter your film.
SUBMISSIONS VIA EMAIL
12. Short films must be sent as a YouTube link via email to email@example.com.
In the email, please include:
Film synopsis in 50 words or less
13. Applicants may enter a maximum of two eligible films. Please label the short films accordingly in your email.
14. For all enquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
15. Submitted films will be viewed by the BKE film programming team. Shortlisted films will be viewed by the BKE judging panel which comprises of Kong Rithdee, Gee Thomson, Raul Gallego Abellan, Suthisak Sucharittanonta and Kongdej Jaturanrasamee. Their decision is final.
16. Judges will be particularly interested in:
4) use of sound
17. BKE will not provide comments on films prior to submission, and the festival will not be able to provide filmmakers with individual feedback.
18. BangkokEdge encourages all filmmakers and their cast, crew and supporters to attend the festival. The winners will be announced at the screening and prizes will be awarded at the event.
19. Filmmakers of the shortlisted films yield to the festival the rights to fair use and reproduction of film stills or excerpts for publication on the Festival’s website and in the press.